- Online Printing GRAPHIC HOME
- Technical Guide
- Adobe Illustrator
- Check5：Direction（Illustrator - Essential checkpoints）
Application Guide Adobe Illustrator
Are there appropriate instructions in your entry data?（front and back side, finishing option etc.）
Create the direction outside of guidelines, trim marks, folding trim marks.
Do not place any lines or objects inside of trimming line. They are printed.
Specified top, bottom, front and back of your printing data by writing the directions outside of trimming marks.
We set the printing layout following our regulation.
Generally, data is printed facing top and top, bottom and bottom without directions.
Folding： folding point, mountain or valley fold, direction, cover side etc. Hole punching： diameter, position of the hole Round cornering： radius, number of cornering edge (4corners are rounded without any instruction)
- *There are some cases that we decline the instruction such as folding at different point from our reccomend position and processing to non-standard size.
Please use our template or inquiry Customer support in advance.
The back and front side directions
We layout the data following the direction on the screen without the instructions.
If you have any specified direction for print layout, inform us with column in advance.
Here is the way of creating the folding direction by using the center trim mark.
- 1.Choose "Direct selection tool" and select the center trim mark line which you are going to use for making the folding mark.(Only the line which is parallel to the folding) Hold Shift key and Select also the center trim mark of opposite side.
- 2.Double click "Direct selection tool" and copy the folding line by entering the moving distance at "Move."
- 3.Place all of the folding trim mark and the direction on each mark, including width, folding direction and which side comes to cover.
Folding trim mark is just a guide for position. This information is priority for the finishing process.
Keep the height in copying the center trim mark.
"Center trim mark" is used for register (positioning the printing plates to avoid the color gaps or overlaps.)。
Guide is a unprinted line which is usually blue that marks the layout area, indicates the position of the objects.
It is also used for "Hole punching", which you can not indicate with folding trim mark.
- １.Make the same hole size with your order on the same position where you want.
- ２.Select the circle(hole instruction) and convert them to guides by selecting "View">"Guides">"Make Guides."
You can display or hide the guides. Save the data displaying the guides for data-entry.