- Online Printing GRAPHIC HOME
- Technical Guide
- Adobe Illustrator
- Check1：Size（Illustrator - Essential checkpoints）
Application Guide Adobe Illustrator
Did you lay out in the order size?
Lay out your artwork in the order size.
We do not scale your artwork. Lay out in the same size of the order size.
The size must be the cutting size.
Create the data using template.
We have a variety of templates for the standard size.
Create the data from the size setting, without template.
If you do not use any templates or the order size is non-standard,
please make crop marks and lay out your design in them.
The cutting line is the inside line of the crop marks.
The outside of the cutting line is bleed area.
How to create Trim marks
- 1.Verify the size on the Size List
- 2.Make a box of the finished size with [Rectangle tool].
- 3.Set the color of 'Fill' and 'Stroke' of the box 'None.'
- 4.Do the following operations with the box selected:
[Effect] > [Crop Marks] → [Object] > [ Expand Appearance]
[Filter] > [Create] > [Crop Marks]
※On CS5, crop marks can be created from [Object] menu > [Create Crop Marks].
In case of layout on the artboard
Set the size of the finished size as the artboard size when you make a new file.
- ※Create crop marks even when you lay out your design with reference to the artboard of the new file.
The crop marks is prior to the artboard as the reference position of finished size.