- Online Printing GRAPHIC HOME
- Technical Guide
- Adobe Illustrator
- Cutting Misalignment(Illustrator) - Trim marks and bleed
Application Guide Adobe Illustrator
Cutting Misalignment - Trim marks and bleed
Trim marks need to be created on Illustrator to show the trimming line and the size.
How to create Trim marks
- 1.Verify the size on the Size List
- 2.Make a box of the finished size with [Rectangle tool].
- 3.Set the color of 'Fill' and 'Stroke' of the box 'None.'
- 4.Do the following operations with the box selected:
[Effect] > [Crop Marks] → [Object] > [ Expand Appearance]
[Filter] > [Create] > [Crop Marks]
※On CS5, crop marks can be created from [Object] menu > [Create Crop Marks].
Bleed and Trim Marks in Illustrator
The width between the trimming line (inside of cropmarks) and the line connecting the outside marks is 3 mm, the standard of bleed. Extend the colored area as close to 3 mm as possible.
It will be useful to make Guides of trimming line, bleed line and the area to place letters.
Bleed - Acceptable
Bleed - Unacceptable
*The white area might appear due to cutting misalignment.