Application Guide Adobe Illustrator
Size - Use guides effectively
Guides are the lines used as the standard for layout, which will not be printed.
They can be shown or hidden. We accept the data whether they are previewed or not.
We recommend to use them for the instruction of folding, hole punching and more!
［How to make Guides 1］
- 1.[View] > [Rulers]>[Show Rulers]
- 2.Point the cursor to the ruler. Drug and release it on the position where you want to make a guide.
You can make a horizontal guideline drugging from the scale on the top, a vertical guideline drugging from the scale on the left.
［How to make guides 2］
- 1.Make an object with solid line which you want to change to guides.
- 2.Select the object and choose [View]>[Guide]>[Make guides]
［How to set guides］
All the settings of guides are available in [Guide] from [View]menu.
- ※Release Guides
- ※Hide/Show Guides
- ※Lock/Unlock Guides
- ※Clear Guides
［How to use guides］
Guides are useful for lay out. You can consider the design referring to the guides of cuttingline,margin line and the safe print area line. Our templates have guides. Check and use them for your design.
- 1.Create the cutting line.
- 2.Enter [3mm] as below and make the margin area.
([Object]>[Path]>[Offset the path])
- 3.Enter[-3mm] to create safe print area for the letters.
- 4.Celect these 3 objects and convert them to guides. ([View]>[Guide]>[Make guides])