- Online Printing GRAPHIC HOME
- Technical Guide
- Adobe Illustrator
- Color settings Color mode for documents
Application Guide Adobe Illustrator
Color settings Color mode for documents
Color is expressed by CMYK inks in printing, please create data in [CMYK Color Mode]
When you make [New], please select CMYK at Color Mode
- *It is able to change Color Mode later. [File] > [Document Color Mode]
- *There is no Color Mode for document on Illustrator8, it is able to exist both CMYK and RGB color. Select CMYK in the color setting.
Create with RGB color mode
It will be converted to CMYK based on our standard print profile.
Converting to CMYK depends on application or RIP settings.
It does not mean that to meet the result from monitors or printers that you use, or color samples.
Furthermore, system is renewed at any time, so that conversion result is not same all the time. (It means same data DOES NOT produce same color prints).
Vivid color expression that CMYK color mode cannot, is possible at RGB color mode. However, the color will be dull in printing.
Black that is created RGB color mode
Black that is made by RGB color mode(R0 G0 B0), will be converted to black with mixed CMYK Conversion result at this time is different from Color settings of application.
Our recommended setting standardized coated paper, [Japan Color 2001 Coated] will be C93, M88, Y89, K80.
Depending on the setting, density of black becomes weak and it loses printing quality, so please set the color properly.
- [Important!; Characters]
- When you create small characters or background of the characters with RGB black (R0 G0 B0), it becomes black with mixed CMYK, which is influenced of Out of Register and it loses readability.
Please make file with CMYK color mode in advance, then designate the color K100% In this case.
Object that is created in K100% is basically processed Overprint.
It helps avoiding from the influences of Out of Register.
When you use big character, it might produce unexpected result.
Please note that upfront.